Thursday, September 9, 2010

big talk.

somedays, I talk big. I can be pretty good at it too. which maybe isn't the best thing...? maybe. anyway. let's not dwell on that too much. there is this boy who goes to my church, and he really, really likes to play video games. and when I say really, really, I mean REALLY, REALLY. and.... well, he's very good at playing them. maybe that's why he likes them so much... or maybe he's good, BECAUSE he likes playing. either way, he. is. good. like, his-brother-works-in-a-video-game-store good. and so this one time.... well, I can't really remember how it all started.... (that seems to be a common thing lately. weird.) but it started. and I think that it started as he was going off about how good he was/is at playing video games. and... well... I piped up. and told him how I am SO good at N64.
and I said I could beat him.
and I did make myself perfectly clear and told him that I had no video gaming skills outside of N64.... or maybe even some Super Nintendo. he asked about Golden Eye.... and I told him that the only games I am very good at playing are Mario Kart and Smash Bros. and I told him I could beat him. he was in front of his friends and told me that he would beat me at any video game. ever. and I could pick. so I did. I said I would beat him at Mario Kart. then, we decided to make it a real, somethings-on-the-table sort of battle. (again. maybe that's bad....) so, we decided that we would play best 3 out of 5 games. loser buys winner a twister. (if you don't know what a twister is.... well, I feel very sad for you. a twister is a joyous blend of half soft ice cream and half slushie. it tastes good with so many different kinds, but I adore the lime crush. it tastes like I imagine key-lime pie would taste.) so, the bet was on.
tonight, we had the battle.
sometimes, I talk big.
sometimes.... it gets me into trouble.
tonight, it did not.
I won.

No comments: