Monday, April 12, 2010

dreary.

today was cloudy and wet and utterly dreary. it feels like a cold November's day, only without the promise of Christmas.

but. spring is on it's way. and I hold on to that. and I do suppose that today was a lovely last chance to wear the winter-ish sweater dress'. and boots. and feel very much like I must be in London.

dreary rhymes with weary. that's interesting. it fits so well to say that the weather is "dreary". that's all I have to say and you know exactly what I mean. perhaps, such is the case, because the whole world, all of creation is weary of this.... and is so anticipating the next season. one of growth and new life. and so am I.

4 comments:

Cheryl. said...

Love love love love the picture!

danny.elle. said...

thanks. it's not Medicine Hat, and I wondered if i should clarify that... but didn't. it was taken about this time of the year though, two years ago, in Colorado.

danny.elle. said...

maaayybeeee..... you could paint it!! ;)

Cheryl. said...

oh my word! if i was that good of a painter...i would paint it. But... i will allow your picture all the joys of being an amazing picture without my attempts to recreate it... and make it look not nearly as... well... awesome. you know?