Sunday, April 11, 2010

love. always.

"love is the answer... at least for most of the questions in my heart. like why are we here? and where do we go? and how come it's so hard?" oh... good ol' Jack Johnson. way to weave those words. I won't use the word "always" here, because I'm learning that it's never smart to always use absolutes, such as never or always. because there can always be an exception. so, I usually listen to the words in songs. and I mull them over, and think about what they mean, and if I agree or not and why. so, Jack got me to thinking.... is love the answer to those questions? so I decided to answer those questions, in my head, (and yes, that is basically the same thing as talking to myself) with the word love and see how well it fits.

why are we here? love.
and where to we go? love.
and how come it's so hard? love.

and I don't know that I agree in the same sense that Jack intends it. yet, at the same time, it can fit. but first, I would have to broaden the type of love that this entails to include, even be filled up with, God's love. His is the only perfectly perfect love. His is a love that makes senseless things make sense.