Saturday, April 10, 2010

a place for pins and needles.

today, I finally finished my little project that was only supposed to take me a much shorter amount of time then it did. and it was worth it. I don't know how confident I am of the secure-ness of it. I made it out of an old handkerchief I bought at the post (yes, you may insert your, "ew." comment here, but I did wash it first) BUT I'm sure it will serve it's purpose faithfully in my home, until it's dying day... even if that dying day is not so far off.
make a pincushion=*check*

this week has been too crazy, and I'm soo looking forward tomorrow..... it will still be busy, but only with wonderful things, like baking cookies with a friend, changing my oil with my dad, having a pizza party with new and old friends, cleaning combined with good music, and pretending I know how to run a cafe again.

tonight, a new boy came to our youth group, and I was again reminded why you can't be too stylish in our small town. I've always said that if I lived in Montreal, I would be much more
stylish, all of the time.... but some things I see in the store are just too much for this place. and people laugh and tell me to dress how I want... and I usually do. perhaps on a milder scale though. anyway, he walked in and everyone was whispering about his shoes. the shoes were honestly just too cool for us. I knew that they're what is big right now, but it seemed I was the only one. and his hair was styled! my goodness, it even was cut specifically for that style. gracious!

later on tonight, I very kindly let down some drunken boys who live beside my friend at res, as I desperately rang her doorbell hoping someone would rescue me. I think they maybe even thought I was friendly as I said , "oh? you're having a party? in there? oh wow. oh... and you want me to come... haha (nervous laugh), ahem.... aw... sorry, but I actually have other plans already ...oh.. what are they? oh, I'm just going to an art show. ya. oh? everyone from the art show is coming here afterward? to your party? oh wow. very cool. well, have a good night! I will too thanks!" and then I ran away. I wonder if Jesus ever had to give someone a warm cold shoulder...

somedays, less is more in my blogging world.

No comments: