Tuesday, April 6, 2010

pros and cons.

well. here I am. I've gone and done it. jumped on the bandwagon and started a blog. and at this exact moment I'm not too sure how I feel about it. it all started when my good friend Cheryl went and read someone's blog to me. and I was so surprised because it was fun!! who knew a blog doesn't have to be for angry people or people with a great deal of excitement going on in their lives. it doesn't necessarily have to have a single-minded purpose or a specific point I'm trying to sell you on. it can be, dare I say it.... just for fun! shocking I know. but I really did send a great deal of time thinking about this.... so I've decided to make use of this place to share my thoughts, and consider, for just a moment, the pros and the cons.

pros:
.it's a place for me to share the bright spots of my day and also the cloudy ones, and a place to able to laugh at myself.
.it's a lovely way to keep in touch with old friends and new ones. the ones who live in far off places and the ones who live within walking distance.
.I like photos and quotes and stories and such, and it will be fun to share those nifty things with anyone who cares to read them at all.
.I don't really care if no one at all reads this. but if you do you do, thanks.

cons: (or fears..? but most of them have a fairly obvious solution.)
.I love to journal. I really don't want this to take away from that at all.
.I want to write letters to people. I don't want to not, because of this.
.I don't want this to be "another thing". you know, something that I feel obligated to do.
.I don't want to have the pressure for this to always be "good" and "entertaining". if it is, sweet.
if not, I'm okay with that.
.I don't want this too steal too much of my time. there's too much life to live.
.stalker. enough said.

a few things you should know:
the A key on my keyboard is sticky. I like photos. I will be random and sporadic, and I may not even post for months at a time. so there. oh. and also. I am a wretched speller. praise the Lord for spell check.

and so it begins.

6 comments:

suzy said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

suzy said...

i'm really not making it any better.
but now i'm just curious to see what my verification word will be.

suzy said...

i'm a normal person. don't judge me.

suzy said...

dang. you're never going to approve that.
rats. i need to find a way to get past the computer.
hm.
well.
so...this is suzy. hi...
i was just so tickled pink about being sort of included in your first blog endeaver...and so i made a very joyful noise...
oh, ps, this is elena.
but i'm also suzy.
i feel foolish.

danny.elle. said...

I had to approve them all. how could I not? you are a lovely person. but I'm sure you already know that. although... I don't really follow.. you were fighting with the computer? and also, I'm sorry, but I have judged you... there are a few times in the "aha" comment where there were two a's beside each other... and other times when there were two h's with no a in betwixt them. really? and... I've always wanted to say betwixt. so... thanks.

suzy said...

ah...the aha comments. not my most intelligent piece of writing.
it was late at night, and i was hanging out with cheryl & b-jeff watching funny youtube videos, and i let my excessive happiness get the best of me.
i am more composed now.
i was just so excited to have you in blog...world..[?] and the girls were egging me on.
sigh.
well anyways. way to have 6 whole comments on your very first blog post. :) you're going to be a wonderful blogger!