Wednesday, January 19, 2011

my today.






today I went for coffee, and wrote a long letter as I sipped on that coffee. then I went walking. and took a couple photos. along the way I managed to buy a red dress. it's so nice and summery. this whole not working thing could become expensive in two ways. not only and I not making money, but I'm also spending it... hey, I suppose it was only $20. (I'm just not sure how much the alterations I want will cost...)

and then I got lost. on purpose. you have to be sort of good at emptying your head on purpose to get lost if it's not something that comes naturally to you. getting lost, that it. along the way though, this man said "g'day!" to me. and it was natural and real to him. and I felt so... amazed. I actually didn't even reply because it all happened so quick! I did smile though... and that's kind of like a reply....

anyway. I got quite lost. (side note: is it wise to trust the directions of a woman who apparently doesn't speak English? ... and even more importantly... is it wise to trust yourself when you think you understand what she means? today I say to you, "no." the answer to both of those questions should always be no.) so. I got lost.... and then asked for directions (a couple times) back to where I wanted to be, and found the grocery store I wanted to find. there, I bought almonds and ice cream. the last two ingredients I needed in order to make my smoothie/shake.

lets talk about that for a moment, shall we? I had it on my second day here in a little cafe-like place. it was so super tasty and I thought I'd give it a whirl. Alanna said she tried making it and it worked out for her. so I figured it would work for me. and it did! well, once I got help with the stubborn blender. so let me tell you how you can make this super tasty smoothie/shake in your own home. I'll warn you though.. it's rather filling.

lets call it "super tasty banana smoothie shake"...
all you need is one banana, vanilla ice cream, milk, almonds, and a few ice cubes. oh! and honey! place the banana in the blender and maybe a half cup of milk, maybe a cup of ice cream, 4ish ice cubes... and I did 20 almonds... and about a Tbsp. of honey.... and then blend away! it made a couple servings. all of the measurements and amounts are just guesstimation. I'll probably modify it a bit next time around, and you can feel free to play with it too. the almonds would probably be better if they were sliced and slightly toasted.

these photos are from my day. the t.v. was in between a couple buildings. I've seen a few other of these these things around... it's just a cemented thing... like a t.v. or a gun or a cellphone by a street light. they're cemented to the ground. I'm not sure what the purpose is, but I kind of like it. it's so random, yet interesting. it's sort of like vandalism but it doesn't seem so bad. I hadn't noticed anything written on the other things. I'll have to look closer next time.

speaking of vandalism. I watched a group of boys leave a friend behind as he sprayed bright blue paint on a wall. and I didn't know what to do. I felt like I should do something... but .... what? I kind of shot a "you know better" look in their direction, but maybe they don't.

I love the stormy sea.

that was a bit of my day. how was yours?

2 comments:

suzy said...

oh my goodness, i love these pictures. especially the tv.
i want to come visit you and go on an adventure.

danny.elle. said...

oh please do! I love exploring.. but it's so much more fun with a friend.