Wednesday, January 12, 2011

perhaps employed.


ello. so it seems I may have a job. I suppose we'll see how it all plays out, but for now, I have a shift from 12-4pm tomorrow. I hope it goes well... I'd really like to have to go to work. it's funny how you often don't feel like going to work... but once you are unemployed, the idea of working and being productive and earning a living is so.... appealing. I've been doing heaps of reading and a fair bit of writing. (maybe not quite as much writing as I should) it's so nice, but kind of tiring for my brain. so I've begun to go through all of the photos on my computer as a sort of productive mental break. I've also been doing quite a bit of walking. and I've even gone running a couple of times. it's so nice to pretend it's summer. well, I guess it's not pretending... but sort of. if you're from Canada, I'm sure you catch my drift. (heh heh.. get it? drift...? ;)) anyway... I'll tell you more about the job sitch later on. I think I'll take the bus there, and walk home. it's about a 5.5 or 6 km walk. maybe I'll work up to walking both ways... but there is a hill in there.. and I'd also have to be very good at planning to be on the road at the right time. the bus system is really good here. I've never been on a city bus back home, but I really like it here. it's fun to people watch, and go for a drive... only since I'm not the one doing the driving, I have more opportunity to take in the sights. I don't know that I have too many exciting to tell you about. my days have been somewhat lazy or boring sounding... which has been so nice, for a brief time. it will be good to work. but we've been over that already. emm..... hm. well, that cat and I are friends. more from his end of things than mine. I mean... I'm glad he doesn't dislike me.. but we don't need to be as close as he wants to be. cause.. you see... he sheds. and that is definitely hindering our relationship. also, he's a cat. another negative point for him. oh, he's a fine cat... not overly cuddly, like some I've met. and not mean like some I've met. but that's the problem. I've just met too many mean cats. so it'll take a while for me to get over that I suppose. OOH! Yesterday and today, the cutest little girls have been around. Their daddy and a few other people are doing some work here at the house, so they've been visiting with my in their most precious accents.

so, they drive on the other side of the road here... we've been over that. but we've not yet talked about walking. in Canada, I suppose it's this unspoken rule that you keep to the right, if you walking on a sidewalk and passing people. or even in a mall... I never really thought much of it. until recently. they must have the same unspoken rule. only instead of right, it's left. it's actually provided for many an awkward, "shall we dance?" moments with strangers.

this weekend I'm going to tag along with my friend and go to a wedding. it's a road trip! I love road trips.

fun fact: the color on my nails should also be the color on your nails. if you're a girl. (although, it may be one of those colors that looks better in the summer and with a tan...? you could go out and buy it now, as a way of reminding yourself that summer will indeed come again) It's called "hopelessly in love" and it's made by OPI. it's swell.

that's all from me for now. I have to go hang my laundry to dry. how fun is that? that sounded sarcastic. but it's not. the only problem being the spiders.... see, I've strung the string up on my *veranda* (as my little three year old friend called it today) but the *veranda* (such a big word for so little a girl!) hasn't been used much lately (I think) and there are some... webs. which is fine. I'm fine with webs. really. but there's also spiders. and usually, I'm fine with spiders too. but these are big. and I can't really use the line I use back home which is as follows: "it's fine.. it's big, but harmless" because everything here is probably poisonous. except for the cockroaches. they're just gross. but, I'm still alive.. and so long as that monster spider stays in the middle of his monster web, we'll get along famously.

stay warm. kill spiders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the little kids probably enjoy your accent! enjoy each other!
Tell me more about the job!
Miss you lots!
love you,
mom

danny.elle. said...

they said that I didn't talk funny. I asked. and the job was a wonderful workout! and the pay was okay too. it was busy and I liked that side of it.